Configure & Access Yahoo Mail in Outlook:
The procedure of Yahoo mail configuration in Outlook is quite interesting and simple to apply. To configure the Yahoo mail account, there are a couple of steps that you need to perform manually. If you need any assistance, then contact our technical support team for help.
Launch Microsoft Outlook and Click the File Tab
- Click Account Settings in the menu on the left side of your screen, then click Email in the main menu on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Select New (or press Ctrl+N). This will open a window where you can create an email account
Click Account Settings, and then Click Account Settings.
Now, you have to click on the File tab and then Account Settings.
In the “Account Settings” window:
- Account Name: Select your Yahoo account name from the drop-down list present in this field. This will be your username for accessing Yahoo Mail through Outlook;
- Password: Provide your login password here;
- Description: Enter a brief description here (optional); and
- Connected accounts: If you want to add more than one email account associated with the same IMAP or POP3 server, select them from this list and click Add>>.
On the Email Tab, Click New to Start the Add New Account Wizard.
To configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook, follow this stape.
- In the Email Address field, enter your full email address (for example [email protected]). If you have a custom domain name set up for your account, add it after your username (for example [email protected]).
- Click Next.
Under Choose Service, Select Manual Setup or Additional Server Types, and then Click Next.
If you select Manual setup, choose a type of email account that matches your Yahoo! Mail status. For example:
- IMAP - This is the most common type of mailbox and can be used with any client that supports IMAP.
- POP - POP is another common type of mailbox and can be used with any client that supports POP3.
Under Choose Service, Select POP or IMAP Mail Server, and then Click Next.
If you use POP, your email is downloaded from the server each time you want to access it. This method is good for saving space on your computer, but it can be inconvenient if you need to access your email from multiple devices. If you use IMAP, however, the messages will remain on the server so that they are always available for download on multiple devices.
In User Information, Type Your Name and Complete E-Mail Address.
In User Information, type your name and complete e-mail address. If you don't know your complete email address or domain name, type your first name, last name, and e-mail address in the User Information box. For example:
- First Name: John
- Last Name: Doe
- Email Address: email@example.com
Takeaway: Don't Forget to Write Down Your Login Info
- Don't forget to write down your login info
- If you forget your login info, you will have to reset your password.
- If you forget your password, you will have to reset your password.
- You can also reset your password from the Yahoo website.