Temporarily Disable my Antivirus
Antivirus is a software program that is used to protect our computer or machine from the software attack. That software program is known as antivirus, but sometimes the user might face issues due to installing antivirus. So in this blog, we are explaining step by step solution to disable my antivirus temporarily.
Disable in Windows:
- First, need to identify the antivirus protection program icon located in the notification area
- Once the antivirus located, you are required to right-click on the icon and select disable the option
You can also select several options that are stopping, shut down or something similar. In some cases, you need to open the program and you need to disable it using the program Menus.
How to Disable Microsoft Security Essential:
Microsoft security essential is the security program which is inbuilt in the Microsoft window itself. In the above-mentioned section, we have explained how to disable the third-party antivirus program.
Disable Microsoft Security Essential:
- First, need to click to the Microsoft security essential icon which is located at the window notification area and then click on the open.
- You are required to click on the setting tab and then real-time protection.
- Uncheck the box which is located at the next to the turn-on real-time protection.
- Save your changes whichever you have done.
Note: To turn on protection back on, you are required to follow these steps again and again and check the box which is next to the turn on the real-time protection
Disable By Starting in the Safe Mode:
If the previous explanation does not work for you to disable your antivirus scanner, You can boot your system in the safe mode which does not load any kind of third party program like antivirus.
If you are concerned by the third-party program, you can start your system in the safe mode. In the safe mode, only necessary files are only loaded to functioning the computer.
Turn Off Antivirus Protection in the Window Security:
You have to follow below step by step guide to turn off the antivirus protection in the window security.
Note: One important thing you have to note down that if you perform turn off your antivirus, your device might be infected from the virus.
- Click on the start button.
- Then go into the setting section.
- Choose the update and security option.
- Select window security which is under the update and security option.
- Select virus and threat protection which is under window security.
- Then click on the managed setting.
- Switch to the real-time protection setting and change the mode on to off to this.
Note: No other kind of scan will be continued to run so downloaded files or installed files will not be scan, there might be a higher chance to compute get infected from the malware and virus.
How Temporarily Disable my Antivirus Program Window Defender on the Windows 10:
In this section, we are going to explain step by step guide to turn off the window defender antivirus program in the temporary mode.
- First, open the window start menu.
- Type the window security in the search bar.
- On choosing window defender, press enter on the keyboard.
- Click on the virus and threat protection on the left action bar.
- Now scroll to virus and threat protection settings and tap on the manage settings.
- Now click on the toggle button which is under the real-time protection. You have to set the toggle button on the off mode.
- Click yes to confirm to change if you are prompted. If you choose no which means changed setting will not be reflected at the setting and window defender will not be disabled.
- Now check the issue, it has been resolved or not.
- On resolving the issue, you can turn on it back.
- To turn on the window defender security, you have to change the toggle button mode which is set on-off mode.
- If you do not set your toggle button in the on mode, so when you restart your computer, it will automatically set it on mode.
When to Temporarily Disable my Antivirus Program:
There are certain situations in which disabling of antivirus program is required
Sometime when you are going to install a new software system on your computer and installed antivirus protect to install this software to the machine for the following reasons.
- Installing a software program might be infected from the virus already
- Those software program having some files which are enough to damage system files
- Antivirus starts working like a virus some time, so in those conditions you are required to disable it in temporary mode.