Active 2 days ago
05 December 2023
Disable Picture in Picture on Windows 11 [Firefox, Edge]-
Many Windows 11 users wish to disable picture in picture on windows 11 because PiP mode can be distracting, particularly when trying to concentrate on an important task.
In Windows 11, How Can I Remove Picture in Picture?
1. Turn it Off Using the Edge Browser.
- In the upper right corner, click the Menu icon and choose Settings.
- Open the left pane and navigate to Cookies and site permissions. To access the picture-in-picture settings, fully scroll down to the right pane and select Picture in Picture control.
- Finally, turn off Show Picture in the video frame's picture control.
- Remember that while this method will hide the popup, the feature won't be disabled. It will be concealed in the right-click menu instead.
- If this option isn't visible to you, try typing the following into the address bar to get to it:
2. Turn it Off in the Firefox Browser
- After selecting the Menu icon, go to Settings.
- Go to the Browsing section by swiping down.
- Turn off the video controls for picture-in-picture mode.
- Similar to Edge, this will make the popup button invisible, but the contextual menu will still contain the feature.
- Keyboard shortcuts to activate/deactivate PiP mode
- In Edge, there isn't a shortcut to go into or out of PiP mode. To map this function to Alt + P, use the Picture in Picture Button extension.
- The shortcut is Ctrl + Shift + ~ for Firefox.
For mobile devices, there are no shortcuts available. To activate the feature, navigate to Apps > Special app access > Picture-in-picture and choose the app you wish to utilise.
- Video player controls are inside the video frame for turning on and off PiP mode.
- The play and pause buttons within the video frame are typically in PiP mode.
- The PiP window cannot be turned off, but you can close it from within the player.
- In addition to these features, Firefox lets you manually seek or mute videos.
Although Windows 11 does not support disabling pictures system-wide, you can turn off pictures for each browser separately. If you're unfamiliar with this feature, we have an excellent tutorial that explains how to enable video output in Chrome and use picture-in-picture in Edge.