Active 2 days ago
26 December 2021
Change Your Chrome Notification Settings:
Google notifications are sent to help the user. However, these notifications are extremely annoying and irritating. If you are bothered by Chrome notifications and wish to change your Chrome notification settings, then read below.
How to Change Chrome Notifications on Windows 10 and Mac-
The process to change Chrome notification settings on Mac and Windows 10 is the same. To alter Chrome notification settings on Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your computer and then click on the three-dot menu given at the upper-right corner of the screen. After that, select Settings. If you are using Mac, then use the keyboard shortcuts to launch Settings.
- Go to the option of "Privacy and Security" on the left and then select Site Settings.
- Click on Permissions and then choose the option of "Notifications".
- Now, you will see the option to disable or adjust Chrome notifications. Firstly, select whether sites can ask you to display notifications or not. A lot of sites ask you this question when you open them.
- If you don't want to allow sites to send you notifications, then turn off the blue toggle right next to "Sites can ask to send notifications".
- If you don't want to receive notifications from websites that are already allowed, then go to the Chrome Notifications Center and go to the "Allow" list.
- Now, to disable Chrome notifications of a particular website, click on the three dots on the right of the website and then click on "Block".
- If you wish to allow a blocked website to send you notifications, then go to the Blocklist and then select Add. Now, enter the address of the website and then select Add.
- If you are extremely bothered by some websites sending you notifications, then you must take out time to block those websites from sending you notifications.
How to Turn off Chrome Notifications on Android Smartphones-
If you wish to know how to disable chrome notifications on Android smartphones, then read the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, launch Chrome on your Android phone. Now, go to the top-right corner of the screen and then tap on the three dots.
- After that, tap on Settings from the drop-down.
- Then, select Notifications.
- Now, to block Chrome notifications on Android. Move the Show Notifications toggle to the left.
- You can also turn on the toggle switch and then go to the browser to directly manage your notification preferences from media, downloads, and browser.
- Change your Chrome notification settings from various websites. If you wish to stop notifications from a particular website, then toggle off the switch next to "Show Notifications".
So, these are all the steps that you need to perform to change Chrome notification settings on your Windows PC, Mac, and Android smartphone. Once you execute all these steps, you will have a notification-free Google Chrome.