Thanks for sharing your vote !
Have a minute to tell us and other readers how this question helped you? We feature review like yours in our Recommended Review section.
Hello Guys, Please let me know how to disable screen auto-Rotation in windows 10? I tried many times but failed. So Can anyone have any idea? Help me.
Level 1157 Point Active 2 days ago
Sometimes in the case of a convertible computer device or tablet, your screen rotates automatically as your phone does when the auto-rotate toggle is on. Here's your step by step guide to disable screen auto-rotation in windows 10.
The Action Center has a quick action tile that toggles auto-rotation on or off.
1. In order to open it, at the bottom right corner of your screen, hit the notification icon on the taskbar or else press Windows+A.
2. Next, to enable Rotation Lock click on the “Rotation Lock” tile at the bottom of the Action Center pane . This way your screen will be unable to rotate automatically and lock your screen in its current orientation.
3. Rotation Lock is enabled while the tile is highlighted, and disabled while it’s dark.
4. In case the tile doesn't show up on the screen then maybe your device probably doesn’t support automatic screen rotation.It’s also possible that in customizing the Action Center, the tile must have removed so you need to add it back.
5. Lastly, you can also toggle Rotation Lock from the Settings app.
6.In order to do that, go to Settings > System > Display. Once you scroll down you will see the “Rotation Lock” slider and then set it to the “On” position. Then toggle it to “Off”to disable Rotation lock and enable automatic screen rotation.
At times, the “Rotation Lock” toggle and the “Rotation Lock” quick action tile in the Settings app appear to be grayed out.
It most probably happens when your device is in laptop mode (especially in the case of a convertible laptop or tablet). For example, if you have a laptop with a 360-degree hinge, rotation lock will be grayed out when it’s in normal laptop mode.
And If you have a device with a removable screen and the screen is connected to keyboard, then the rotation lock will be grayed out. And the screen will never automatically rotate due to the standard laptop mode.
If you transform your device into tablet mode by rotating its screen all the way back on a device with a 360-degree hinge, or disconnecting the screen from the keyboard, then the automatic rotation will be turned on and the Rotation Lock option will be visibleon your screen again.
Lastly, If Rotation Lock grayed out issue still exists even when your device is in tablet mode and the screen is automatically rotating, then you will have to try rebooting your device as it might also be a bug.
Although, Automatic screen rotation is only available on devices with a built-in accelerometer. Windows uses this hardware component to determine the screen’s current physical orientation.
We hope the above Article helped you to disable screen auto-rotation in windows 10