Active 2 days ago
10 August 2021
Fix Corrupt Registry in Windows 10
Below is your step by step guide to Fix Corrupt registry in Windows 10 before you end up losing your data.
Download a Registry cleaner
- A registry cleaner can also be used to Fix Corrupt registry in Windows 10. There are various related tools that can be used to fix missing or corrupt registry in Windows 10.
- “Restore” is one of the programs that use a patented technology that can search previous functional versions of your system elements and makes them work again.
- Restoro scans your registry and in case any kind of malfunctions are found, it restores it to Default Microsoft settings after which make it works smoothly again. You can also use this tool to restore your system’s functionalities and essential data. You can also choose to let it work normally if you don’t need any Registry entries.
Repair your system
- You will need a Windows installation disk to repair the system.
- Next, insert the windows 10 DVD or installation media and then reboot your device.
- To reboot using DVD/USB, you will be prompted to press any key.
- Now Wait while the installation process is being initiated.
- Lastly, go for repair from the windows installer menu and then follow all the on-screen instructions to Fix Corrupt registry in Windows 10. (Remember that data will not be erased as the OS system will be restored to a stable state).
Run a SFC scan
- Set up an elevated command prompt window by opening the start > right clicking on the start button and then click on “Run cmd as administrator”.
- Next, enter sfc / scannow in the cmd window and then press Enter.
- The scanning will then take place.
Refresh your system
- Open the settings panel and then click on Update and security.
- Next, click on Recovery and then on get started.
- Hit the Reset this PC option and again click on keep my files.
- Lastly, follow the on screen instructions and you may succeed.
Run the DISM command
- Navigate to start and set up the command prompt as administrator.
- Enter the DISM / Online / Cleanup-image / ScanHealth command.
- Next, press Enter and wait for a while till the scanning is done.
Clean the Registry
Registry entries are the footprints of everything you do on your computer: every app installed, every webpage that you visited, etc. These entries accumulate and cause Registry issues with time. And by Cleaning them, you can fix the Registry corruption issues you were facing.
A Windows registry is a database of configuration settings in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. A corrupt registry may cause you issues while setting up your OS and you will also end up losing your data. Download and save programs and files, and more. However, after you make changes within the Registry Editor lead you to a corrupt registry. And this is the very reason that we are recommending you to backup your registry before changing anything as there you have all the internal settings of your Windows 10 system. In most cases, when the registry gets corrupted, the Windows OS must be reinstalled which means that you are losing all of your data.
We hope the above article helped you to Fix Corrupt registry in Windows 10.