Active 2 days ago
22 January 2022
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error Code -6129, 0:
The error number -6123, 0 "Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost" is most commonly seen in multi-user setups, according to Intuit. However, although some alerts can be resolved by simply following the software's instructions, others may be complex and difficult to comprehend.
QuickBooks is a cutting-edge accounting software from Intuit that is used by millions of small and mid-sized businesses all over the world. It undeniably makes the process of running a business easier. QuickBooks, like any other program, is subject to mistakes and difficulties from time to time.
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Error Code -6129, 0?
The following are the most common causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error Code -6123, 0:
- The network connection on the primary PC is down.
- A port needed to communicate with the server housing the company file is being blocked by the firewall network.
- QBW files that have been damaged.
- QuickBooks data or software files are corrupted.
- Multiple QuickBooks database services are active on your machine.
- In a fresh version of QuickBooks, the same company file is open.
- You're using a flash drive or another removable storage device to restore a backup.
- User with a broken window.
Steps to Resolve Error Code -6123, 0 in QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Desktop Error -6123, 0 is a complicated problem. However, you can get rid of it using the following methods.
1. Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Program.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is a fantastic program for resolving some of the most prevalent causes of QuickBooks issues.
- This useful utility is available for download here.
- Install and execute the QBFD tool when it has been downloaded.
- It will show you any conceivable data or company file damage that could be triggering the problem 6123.
- After running the tool, you will have two options for repairing the damages that appear in the result:
- You can recover company files from a backup.
- Send your company file to the QuickBooks data recovery team if you are unable to open it.
2. Run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool after Installing It.
- Check my network connection on your host (main) PC. Install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and execute it.
- If the above-mentioned remedies don't work for you, move on to the next option.
3. Repair Any Data Files that have been Damaged.
- If the Error Code -6123, 0 persists after you've tried options 1 and 2, go to step 3 to fix the network data file.
- Click "Explore" after pressing the "Windows key (Start button)."
- Right-click the file with the ".ND" extension in your Company file.
- It should be renamed to ".ndold."
Hopefully, this article has provided you with all of the information you require about QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0. If the issue appears on your screen, you can attempt the remedies listed on this page to resolve it.