Thanks for sharing your vote !
Have a minute to tell us and other readers how this question helped you? We feature review like yours in our Recommended Review section.
Hello Guys, Please let me know why google chrome not working in windows 10? I tried many times but failed. So Can anyone have any idea? Help me.
Level 1132 Point Active 2 days ago
Have you ever noticed the changes caused to the Windows registry after you install Chrome? Certainly, these changes are a must for Chrome to function but sometimes lead to Windows failure. Not to worry as your browser offers you a reset feature that can reset everything back to their default value without breaking anything.
However, it is said that the reset process doesn’t appear to fix everything. For some users, Chrome not working on Windows 10 issue occurs constantly. The problem is actually with the Windows Registry.
To fix the issue, here's you need to do:
Enter Safe Mode on Windows 10
1. Click on the Start Menu and select the Power icon.
2. Using Shift key, click on the Restart option.
3. Click the Advanced tab under the Troubleshoot.
4. Click the Startup Settings and then Restart option.
5. Press the F5 key and Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Now, login to the desktop version of Windows 10 using Safe Mode.
1. Click the menu icon present on the top left side of the Chrome Settings page.
2. Under the Advanced section, select the System option.
3. Toggle the switch of the Use hardware acceleration when available to Off.
4. Click on the Relaunch button as Chrome asks you to restart the browser.
Later, you can boot the Windows into the Normal Mode and check that your Google Chrome is available again.
You must have seen the Windows Security shield mark as you open the Google Chrome browser. Here, choose the Run as Administrator option. But, if the browser doesn’t run then double-click the Google Chrome icon present on the Windows desktop. Next, you can change the properties of the shortcut or the .exe file to default and run it as Admin.
1. Right-click the Chrome icon and select Properties.
2. Under the Compatibility tab, click on the Change settings button.
3. Untick the Run this program in compatibility mode option under the Compatibility section.
4. Next, run this program as an admin under the Settings.
5. Finally, click on Apply, then OK button to exit the Google Chrome Properties box.
Still, if Chrome not working on Windows 10, then keep reading the further blog.
If the above two methods fail, then try this third method to resolve the issue and get access to Google Chrome. You might have to check your network configurations on your Windows 10 after Fall Creators Update/Creators Update/Anniversary Update.
1. Launch the Run using shortcut keys Win + R.
2. Type and enter ncpa.cpl.
3. Under Network Connections, right-click on the existing network adapter for Properties.
4. Next, scroll down and select the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
5. Further, click on the Install button and highlight the Protocol option.
6. Now, click on the Add button and highlight the Reliable Multicast Protocol.
7. Lastly, click on OK and save the configured changes.
Restart the computer and try launching the Chrome browser to see if it can work properly.
If your Chrome not working on Windows 10, then you simply reset the Winsock catalog back to its default setting as Chrome is not available after the updates.
1. Click the Start menu and navigate to the W category on the app list.
2. Open the Windows System folder.
3. Next, right-click on the Command Prompt for More.
4. Choose the Run as Administrator option.
5. Type and enter the command: netsh Winsock reset.
6. Lastly, reboot the computer system.
Still, if Chrome not working on Windows 10, then follow the next procedure.
1. Run the Driver Talent tool and click on the Scan button for finding the faulty network drivers.
2. Click the Update button to download and install pending updates for network drivers. Optionally, you can click the Repair option to fix the driver problems.
3. Execute a restart and allow the changes to take into effect.
Overall, this guide helps to resolve your browser issues, and you can enjoy unlimited surfing on the Internet. Hope that you don't come across the “Chrome not working on Windows 10" again.