Thanks for sharing your vote !
Have a minute to tell us and other readers how this question helped you? We feature review like yours in our Recommended Review section.
Is there anyone who knows about how to configure and access Yahoo mail in Outlook? I am trying to do this. But don't know how to do. Help me.
Level 1843 Point Active 2 days ago
Yahoo is a well-known and widely used free email service. Rather than using the web interface, this post will show you how to Configure and Access Yahoo Mail in Outlook. This article will show you how to add your Yahoo Mail account to Microsoft Office 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010.
Set up your Yahoo account so that Outlook can connect to it. This is the first step if you've enabled two-step confirmation on your Yahoo account.
Two-Step Verification Enabled? Generate an App Password
Create a Yahoo Mail app password if your Yahoo account is protected with two-step verification. Instead of using your Yahoo Mail sign-in password, you'll use this app password to configure Outlook.
Set your Yahoo Mail account to allow email clients to access it using your Yahoo account sign-in password if you don't use two-step verification for security (and don't wish to enable it).
Step 1: Go to your Yahoo Mail account and sign in.
Step 2: Select your profile name in the upper-right corner of the web page, then Account Info.
Step 3: Account Security should be selected.
Step 4: Choose Generate app password from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: From the drop-down menu, choose the version of Outlook you want to use. Outlook iOS, Outlook Android, and Outlook Desktop are all options.
Step 6: Choose Generate.
Step 7: The password key and instructions for using it appear in a window.
Enable two-step verification on your Yahoo account if you haven't already. It adds an extra layer of security to your account, keeping it safe from illegal access.
It only takes a few minutes to add your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016.
Step 1: Navigate to the File tab.
Step 2: Select Add Account from the drop-down menu after selecting Info.
Step 3: Select Connect after entering your Yahoo Mail address.
Step 4: Enter the password for your app.
Step 5: If your Yahoo account utilizes two-step verification, type the app password you generated, not your Yahoo account sign-in password.
Step 6: Connect is the option to choose. Outlook has been updated to include your Yahoo Mail account.
Adding Yahoo Mail accounts to Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 follows a similar procedure. The process in Outlook 2013 is depicted in the screenshots below. Outlook 2010 has somewhat different screens, but the menus, settings, and workflow are all different.
1. Choose File.
2. After that, choose Add Account from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Next after selecting Manual configuration or more server types.
4. Note: Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types in Outlook 2010.
5. Select either Pop or IMAP, then Next.
6. Note: Select Internet Email in Outlook 2010.
7. Select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down arrow in the Server Information section.
8. Fill in your name and Yahoo email address in the User Information area.
9. In the Incoming mail server text box, type imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Server Information column. Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com in the SMTP Outgoing Mail Server text box.
10. The User Name text box in the Login Information section displays the user name associated with your Yahoo Mail address. If necessary, correct this information. If your account uses two-step verification, go to the Password text box and input the generated app password.
11. Choose More Settings.
12. Pick the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box on the Outgoing Server tab, then Use the same settings as my incoming mail server from the drop-down menu.
13. Select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu.
14. Pick SSL from the Use the appropriate type of encrypted connection drop-down arrow for both the incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) servers.
15. Type 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) text box.
16. Type 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box.
17. Go to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings window by selecting OK.
18. Next should be selected. This will put your account settings to the test, and both are finished successfully if everything is correct.
19. Select Close.