Active 2 days ago
Open Answer 02 November 2020
Set up magicJack Plus with Wi-Fi
The MagicJack is a piece of equipment that allows a PC user to churn out limitless telephone calls to the U.S. and Canada by means of an Internet connection.
The contraption fastens to the computer's USB port and has an RJ-11 phone jack to which an ordinary telephone cable can be connected. Initially, it was launched in 2008.
The most recent model, known as the MagicJack plus was unveiled in 2011; all the same, it necessitates an Internet connection though not a PC.
How MagicJack operates is very similar to Skype, Google Voice, and additional Internet protocol voice applications. It supplies users with a typical telephone number and the capability to both accept calls and make them over the Internet.
MagicJack is an inexpensive way to phone up friends and family members across the world.
This operation is pulled off either via a PC with a headset and the MagicJack gadget or through your computer unit with a conventional telephone receiver attached to the MagicJack mechanism.
MagicJack: With the Help of Wi-Fi
MagicJack can be made use of via a PC that has a Wi-Fi connection. However, you must couple the Wi-Fi network with a broadband Internet connection like DSL or cable.
As soon as the PC is linked to the Internet, the MagicJack software interface becomes visible, and a user can call up his preferred number.
This telephone number can either be a landline telephone number, a mobile phone number, or even an extra MagicJack device as MagicJack is associated with only one of its kind telephone number.
MagicJack: Internet Facts
MagicJack will not function if there are dial-up and satellite Internet connections. According to its official website, it is essential for Internet connections to have a minimum upload speed of 128 kilobytes a second.
MagicJack: Additional Facts
MagicJack users must bear in mind that the gadget entirely depends on the reliability of your Internet connection. If there are technical hitches or an absence of your Internet connection during a telephone call, the call will halt, and you will have to ring up again.
MagicJack: Kinds of compatible Internet services
MagicJack operates with any consistent high-speed Internet connection, like:
1-Broadband (including “Lite” broadband services)
6-Wireless (such as EVDO, HSDPA, and 4G)
Though the lowest possible upload bandwidth is 128 kb/s, during an emergency and urgent situation, you can use lower bandwidths.
Can MagicJack work successfully with Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)?
Yes, MagicJack can be connected to a PC by way of wireless Internet (Wi-Fi), and allow you to generate and take delivery of incoming calls.
MagicJack Plus: Setting it up with Wi-Fi
MagicJack Plus is a device that immediately connects to your PC or router and makes Internet-based telephone service (VoIP) available to users in every part of the United States and Canada.
You can set up MagicJack Plus with Wi-Fi either with your PC or with your Internet router.
- Put the MagicJack Plus device inside an existing USB port on your PC.
- Link up your telephone to the opposite end of the MagicJack Plus device with the help of a phone cable (RJ11).
- Your PC will now become aware of MagicJack Plus in roughly four minutes and put the installation setup wizard on view.
- In case you are making use of iOS or Mac OS X, double-click the MagicJack Plus icon situated on your Home screen or desktop to get the installation underway.
- Click on the “Click Here Now,” button; next, go along with the on-screen prompts to register your MagicJack Plus.
- At this point, you will be urged to invent a login, agree to the MagicJack Plus terms of service, and enter personal information like your name and email address.
- Expect MagicJack Plus to forward you an activation code through email, in the wake of registration.
- As soon as you receive the code on your mobile phone, key in this code prior to employing MagicJack Plus.
- Abide by the instructions in the registration email to trigger its service with the help of the activation code.
- As soon as the procedure completes, you can call up individuals using MagicJack Plus at any time; however, this action is possible on the condition that the device is connected to your PC and the computer is switched on.
- Put the MagicJack Plus device into the USB port on the device’s power adapter.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable (RJ45) to connect the MagicJack Plus to your Internet router. Connect the ethernet cable into the port where “Internet” is written.
- Hook up your telephone to the MagicJack Plus with the help of an RJ11 phone cable. Connect the phone cable into the port where “Phone” appears.
- Join the MagicJack Plus power adapter to a power supply.
- Find the way to the legitimate MagicJack Plus registration site on any computer or mobile device at www.magicjack.com/register.html. The gadget that you have in mind and your MagicJack Plus must be joined to the same network.
- Obey the on-screen prompts to register your MagicJack Plus. You can be requested to hand over private data like your name, address, and contact details.
- Afterward, hang on till MagicJack Plus forwards an activation code through email. As soon as you receive the code on your mobile telephone, key in the code before kicking off MagicJack Plus.
- Abide by all the instructions in the registration email to set off the MagicJack Plus service with the help of the activation code. When you are over and done with the process, call up via your router by using MagicJack Plus.
- Get in touch with your Internet service provider to make sure that your modem lets your multiple devices log onto the Internet; at this time, check if you get error 3002 as soon as you operate MagicJack Plus. It is possible that a few modems and modem/routers-in-one will not be compatible with MagicJack Plus in case several devices are joined to your network.
- Take a crack at installing third-party drivers for MagicJack Plus on Windows 8 in case you find installation on Windows 8 problematic. Presently, MagicJack Plus is not fully compatible with all Windows 8 devices.
- Pay a visit to Tom and Ruth’s website at http://www.thomas-n-ruth.com/magicjack-install-8.html, and click on the .exe link (close to the lowermost part of the website) to run and install compatible drivers.
- Agree to a new ethernet cable, a different USB port, or one more PC assuming that your PC or router has been unsuccessful in identifying the MagicJack Plus device. In several situations, defective hardware can lead to shaky installations.
- Experiment with your router's firewall if you can't expertly install and use MagicJack Plus, specifically when it is directly linked to the router. At times, rigorous firewall settings can get in the way of connectivity.