Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Windows 10:
Every time a vital action is done, the majority of integrated or external programs display pop-up windows. An antivirus program might send you one, for example, following a malware scan, when an issue is discovered, or perhaps while it is quarantined. But many people attempt to learn how to stop annoying pop-ups on windows 10.
There are effective techniques to get rid of notifications that keep randomly appearing on your desktop and interrupting your workflow. So let's learn how to disable pop-ups from appearing in Windows 10's lower right corner.
Why do Pop-Up Windows Keep Appearing on my Computer?
A few of the reasons why pop-up windows appear in Windows 10 include:
Pop-ups from Unofficial Apps:
Most of the time, third-party software is to fault when Windows 10 pop-ups suddenly begin to emerge. Perhaps one of these has modified the PC's setup or is sending out notifications.
On Windows 10, malware infection can also bring about changes to the computer and result in constant notifications. This impacts both native and third-party apps, and a trustworthy antivirus must be helpful in this situation.
Pop-ups that Overwhelm Browsers:
The browser sends random notifications when a malicious site is added to the home page. In such situations, customers search for solutions to disable pop-up windows in Google Chrome for Windows 10.
Windows Alerting you to Important Actions:
The findings of a virus scan from Windows Security and a message from the operating system asking you to restart the computer after an update are a couple of pop-ups you might see with Windows 10, although these shouldn't be disabled.
How can I Disable Pop-Up Windows in Windows 10?
1. Disable Program Notifications
- Click on System in Settings by pressing Windows + I.
- Then, under Get notifications from users and other senders, turn off the toggle by going to Notifications & Actions.
- After updates and periodically when I sign in, please show me the Windows welcome screen to highlight what's innovative and recommended.
- Please advise how I can complete my device's setup to maximise Windows.
- Discover hints, suggestions, and methods for using Windows.
- This stops notifications effectively and should work with many other apps.
- Modifying the system's notification settings would be easy if you wondered how to stop antiviral pop-ups using Windows 10. Alternatively, you might change the antivirus's default settings.
- Sending browser alerts
- The following path into the address box of Google Chrome, press Enter, followed by launch the application:
- Select the option to prevent sites from sending notifications after that.
- Relaunching the browser after finishing will make the changes take effect.
- Using the built-in options would be easy to stop Chrome notifications in Windows. As a substitute, purchase a Chrome extension which functions as a pop-up blocker.
2.2 Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge, and select Settings by clicking the ellipsis within the top-right corner.
- Choose Notifications under Cookies as well as site permissions within the navigation bar.
- Turn off the Ask before sending toggle now.
- Select Pop-ups and redirects on the previous screen by returning there.
- Ensure that the Block toggle is turned on. Turning off the Block toggle will allow pop-ups for Microsoft Edge users who cannot figure it out.
- If you're curious about how to prevent pop-ups in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, you may do it through the browser's default settings. You can minimise disruptions by simply turning off pop-ups and notifications.
- Stop pop-ups from the Start Menu.
- Click Personalisation in Settings by pressing Windows + I.
- Go to Start in the menu bar and turn off the option that occasionally provides recommendations.
Though they are less bothersome or have a minimal impact on the user experience, we frequently encounter advertisements or pop-up windows on the Start menu. Avoiding them is easy. So, blocking Start Menu advertisements would be an ideal solution if you were seeking tips on avoiding pop-ups on Windows 10.
Avoid Pop-ups for File Explorer
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E, then select Options from the View menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- To make adjustments, go to the View tab, deselect the Show sync provider alerts checkbox, and press OK.
- The sync provider alerts are those regarding the ongoing sync process in the background that comes from OneDrive and Microsoft 365 apps. Therefore, adjusting the Folder Options might quickly eliminate OneDrive sync pop-ups.
- Disable the lock screen's customised advertising.
- Select Personalisation from the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I.
- Now navigate to the Lock screen in the navigation pane and select the toggle to turn it off for Windows along with Cortana to display fascinating facts, advice, and more on your lock screen.
- Ensure you have a Picture chosen from the Background menu if the option is not accessible.
The lock screen is an essential component of the computer, and unneeded pop-ups, adverts, and suggestions may interfere with the experience for users who require a more minimalist OS. This method allows you to easily stop pop-ups on the Windows 10 lock screen.