Change Windows 10 Startup / Shutdown Sound:
Users may simply change the Windows 10 startup / shutdown sound in previous Windows editions. We can also change what was played when we logged in and out, as well as when the machine was turned down.
Microsoft, on the other hand, sacrificed sound options in Windows 10 in order to speed up shutdown or startup. We'll guide you over adjusting the startup/shutdown sound in Windows 10 in the sections below.
How can I Adjust the Startup and Shutdown Sounds Using Windows 10?
Turn Off Rapid Startup
- Choose Power Options by right-clicking on the battery symbol on your taskbar.
- Select extra power settings from the right window pane.
- On the left, select the Choose what the power button accomplishes options.
- Change settings which are now inaccessible by clicking on Change settings which are temporarily unavailable.
- Uncheck the item next to Turn on rapid startup within Shutdown preferences.
- To save any settings, hit the save changes button.
Activate the Startup Sound
- Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut.
- Go to the Personalization section.
- From the left side, choose themes.
- Select Sounds.
- Select Play Windows Start-up Sound from the drop-down menu.
- Select the OK button.
Using the Windows Registry, Activate the Startup or Shutdown Sounds
- To launch the Run dialogue box, click Windows + R.
- In the box, type Regedit and press Enter.
Go to this page:
- The next step is to enable the startup or shutdown sounds during this stage.
3.1 Make the Startup Sound Active
- Double-click the ExcludeFromCPL within WindowsLogon.
- Change 1 to 0 in the Value data.
- To save it, press the OK button.
3.2 Make the Shutdown Sound Active.
- Back to the EventLabels homepage.
- Double-click ExcludeFromCPL after selecting the SystemExit subkey.
- Convert 1 to 0 in the Value data.
- Select OK.
4. Adjust the Sounds for Startup or Shutdown.
- To launch Settings, press the Windows + I keys together.
- Select Personalization from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the themes page.
- Select Sounds from the drop-down menu.
- From the Program Events list, select the sound you would like to adjust.
- Click on Windows Logon to hear the startup sound.
- Choose Exit Windows if you require the shutdown sound selection.
- Click on Windows Logoff to hear the logoff sound.
- Choose Browse.
- Choose the song you'd like to use as your new startup sound.
- Finally press the Apply and OK buttons.
The fast startup must be disabled in order to change the windows 10 startup/shutdown sound. Additionally, you must enable the sounds in Windows Settings as well as the Windows Registry. After you've completed these steps, you can choose a sound for the events.
It's worth noting, though, that the sound you use for Windows events should be in WAV format. So, these are all the actions you may do to modify the startup sound on Windows 10. Don't be hesitant to just save them anywhere so you can refer to them whenever you want.