Thanks for sharing your vote !
Have a minute to tell us and other readers how this question helped you? We feature review like yours in our Recommended Review section.
Hello Everyone, Please let me know that How to fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10. I am facing this issue last 1 month I don't know how to fix it.Help me
Level 1191 Point Active 2 days ago
Here we are going to discuss how to fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10. But, before the solution you need to know about the what is the problem. So, moving on to all the software-based fixes we’ve listed below, it’s important to check that the issue isn’t hardware-related. If it is, then the below fixes probably won’t help you.
The two important parts of hardware that could be incorrect when your headphones aren’t working are the headphones themselves and the port you plug them into. First, connect the headphones into a different device to see if they work there. If not, then it’s time to get new headphones.
If they do work on a different device, then try plugging the headphones into a different audio port on the PC on which they don’t work. If they suddenly start working, then it suggests that the problem is with the original port. You can just stick with using your headphones from the new port or read on for our list of fixes.
In the future, you’ll also be able to change your default sound device via selecting the speaker icon in the taskbar notification area and selecting your preferred audio device from there.
Find below the Process to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10. You only have to follow these fixes:
Simple as this fix seems, it did help many people out. Only two steps are required:
1. Plug your headphones into the computer.
2. Restart your computer and check to see if your headphones work.
You need to check whether your headphone as the Playback device is disabled through the operating system. If it is, re-activate it by following below process:
1. Confirm that your headphone is connected to your PC.
2. Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area of your taskbar. Then click Sounds.
3. On the Playback tab, if you are unable to see your headphones listed, right-click a blank area and select Show Disabled Devices. Then your device should show up.
4. Right-click your headphone and select Enabled.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
In case, your headphone hasn’t been set as the default Playback device, Windows may not play any sounds through it. To fix this problem, follow the below actions:
1) On your keyboard, push the Windows logo key and X at the same time.
2) Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
3) Change your outlook to Category and select Hardware and Sound.
4) Click Sound.
5) On the Playback tab, choose Headphones and select Set default.
6) Click the OK button.
Your headphones might stop working if there’s a problem with your audio driver. If you have the know-how you can update your driver manually, but the process can be quite time-consuming and error-prone. Alternatively, you can rely on Driver Easy, a powerful driver updater tool to manage all the driver updates.
Driver Easy will automatically identify your system and discover the correct drivers for it. No need to know accurately what system your computer is performing, you do not take risk to download and install the default driver, and do not worry about a mistake during installation. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You may update your drivers automatically with Free and Pro versions both. With the Pro version it takes only two steps:
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Perform Driver Easy and tap on the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and discover any problem drivers.
3. Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct versions of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
Another chance is that the Realtek HD Audio Manager isn’t set up properly to play sound via your headphones. Changing the settings may resolve the problem.
1) Open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
2) Click the small folder icon in the upper right corner.
3) Check Disable front panel jack detection.
4) Click OK.
1. Press the Windows logo key and X simultaneously.
2. Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
3. Change your view to Large icons and click Programs and Features.
4. Locate the IDT Audio Driver in the list, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
5. Reboot your computer and take a look if your headphones are now working normally.
These are the all possible ways to fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10.