Active 2 days ago
17 December 2021
Outside of the QuickBooks desktop benefits, technological bottlenecks such as QuickBooks Error 3371, triggered by external problems, cannot be avoided. Before beginning the troubleshooting methods to fix error code 3371, it is essential to understand its causes.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 occurs whenever the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ECML, which includes your QuickBooks Desktop's license assets, is removed.
‘Could not initialize license properties,' says the error message. This message appears in a dialogue box, and clicking OK brings up another box.
The file damage happens when your device is improperly shut down when your program is open for some reason. As a result, any time you open QuickBooks, it fails to sync the license assets, and the message "Error 3371 Status Code 11118" appears on the computer.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks Error 3371 may be caused by a variety of issues, such as those mentioned below, which are linked to other components of your QuickBooks program or operating system:
- Correct the MSXML section of the QuickBooks Desktop Software, which is connected to the Windows Operating System and required to run the software.
- This may be a secondary source of damage, as the onscreen message also states that QuickBooks Error 3371 cannot load the license data. Each time you start QuickBooks, it tries to read the damaged QBregistration.dat file.
- Some device protections, such as anti-virus software, prevent QuickBooks Desktop from syncing with the critical Windows components needed by QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks has stopped working correctly due to a problem. If a solution is open, Windows will close the program and notify you.
- Failed or half-done Windows Updates will hold your device's components out of date and incompatible with QuickBooks.
- Performance problems with QuickBooks Desktop.
- You may encounter the following errors when downloading or fixing QuickBooks: QuickBooks Errors 1603, 1903, 1722, and 1904
Before you start troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 3371, there are a few things to think about.
• Make sure you have the most recent version of Windows installed.
• The Windows operating system can be corrupt if you continue to obtain QuickBooks Error 3371.
QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118: How to Resolve
Solution 1: Delete ecml file
- To begin, press Windows + R on your keyboard at the same time.
- Sort C: ProgramDataintuitEntitlement Clientv8 in the path sector.
- The address mentioned above will then be shown in Windows Explorer.
- Delete the ecml file now. Close the window after that.
- Finally, QuickBooks must be restarted and the object re-registered.
Solution 2: Update your Windows operating system
- The first thing you can do is press the Start button.
- Next, go to All Programs and choose Window Update from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
- You must then reinstall and upgrade the QB Desktop.
Solution 3: Install the most recent Windows Update
- To begin, make sure you have the most recent Windows updates installed.
- Next, go through These Programs, then Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows 7 users:
- First, navigate to C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- The Entitlement file must then be renamed.
- QB will generate a new file for you as soon as you start it.
For Windows XP Users:
- To begin, press the Start button and select Run.
- Now, go to “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2” to find the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- After that, press the OK.
- The file Entitlement DataStore.ECML can now be renamed.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 1111 is likely to occur whenever the licensed property in entitlementDataStore.ECML becomes corrupted due to a crash com error or another cause.
You can fix the problem by upgrading your Windows configuration, renaming the entitlement file, and downloading new Windows updates.