How to Delete Cookies in Every Major Browser?
Based on the web browser, different actions are required to delete cookies. Here are some guides to delete cookies in every major browser.
How to Remove Chrome's Browsing History
To remove cookies from Google Chrome:
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of the Chrome screen.
- Choose Clear Browsing Data under More Tools.
- Choose the checkbox next to Cookies and other site data.
- Choose a time frame by clicking the Time range drop-down arrow. For instance, choose All Time to remove all cookies and passwords from Chrome, regardless of when they're saved.
- To clear data, choose.
To delete cookies through the Chrome mobile browser:
- Select Settings by tapping the menu button (the icon with three stacked dots).
- Open the Advanced tab after choosing privacy and security> Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap on it to delete a particular area, such as cookies, site data, or saved passwords. The Clear Data button can be used to remove the selection.
Firefox: How to Delete Browsing History
To erase cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu by clicking the three horizontal bars in Firefox's upper-right corner.
- Choose settings
- Choose privacy and security.
- Under Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Data.
- Choose Clear after checking the box next to Cookies and Site Data.
- On the menu button of the mobile Firefox browser, select Settings > Delete browsing data to remove cookies. When you're ready to remove your browsing data, select Cookies (along with any other factor you wish to eliminate, including your cache and browsing history).
- Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge: Instructions
- Here's how to clear your Microsoft Edge cookies and browser history.
- Within the upper-right corner, click the three horizontal dots. Or use Alt+F.
- Choose settings
- From the left pane, choose Services, Search, along with Privacy. Choose the three-lined menu button within the top left if you can't see the left pane.
- Pick From the Clear browsing data option, pick what you want to erase.
- Make sure you examine the site's cookies and other data. Passwords, install browsing histories, cached files and photos, and more can all be deleted.
- Choose clear now.
In the Edge mobile app, hit the menu button at the bottom, select Settings > Privacy and Security> Clear browsing data, and then select the cookies you want to remove. Tap Clear data after that.
How to Delete Website Data and Cookies in Safari
To erase cookies from your Apple Safari browser:
- Select Safari > Preferences on a Mac. Choose Action > Preferences on Windows.
- Choose Privacy.
- Choose Manage Website Data on a Mac. Choose to Remove All Website Data in Windows.
- Choose to Remove after deciding which cookies to remove. To delete all cookies, choose Remove All.
- To confirm that you wish to erase the cookies, click Remove Now.
- Choose done
- Open the Settings app, not the mobile Safari browser, to erase cookies. Tap the Safari link by scrolling down, then click Clear History and Website Data. Clear to confirm.
- Opera: How to Delete Browsing History
Cookie Removal in Opera:
- Go to the top right and click the menu button.
- Choose Clear from the Privacy & Security section.
- Choose Clear data after selecting Cookies and other site data.
Tap the profile button at the bottom and then select the settings/gear icon to remove cookies from the Opera mobile browser. After choosing Cookies and site data and whatever else you wish to remove, press Clear data at the bottom of the page. Choose CLEAR DATA.
More Information Regarding Web Browser Cookie Removal
The majority of browsers can also locate and remove cookies from specific websites. Since only a few problems necessitate that you erase every cookie your browser has stored, you can preserve preferences and continue logging in to your preferred, non-offending websites by finding and deleting individual cookies.