Unmerge Yahoo Mail from AT&T:
You may want to disconnect your Yahoo mail from the AT&T account if you don’t use the AT&T services anymore. After merging your email address with AT&T, you are allowed access to various services from both brands. If you wish to separate them, please read further for assistance.
Open Yahoo Mail
- Open Yahoo Mail and sign in to your account
- Click on the gear icon and click Settings
- Select Account Merge from the left navigation panel
- Click Close AT&T Account on the right-hand column
Access the Account Preferences on the Gear Button.
To Get Started, Follow These Steps:
- Click on the gear icon that appears on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Account Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears next to Gear icon and click on Merge Accounts option from it.
- You will be able to see a list of all your accounts which are merged with this Yahoo Mail account, including AT&T account and Gmail account (if you have more than one Gmail account). Click Close Account button when you're ready to unmerge Yahoo Mail from AT&T and Gmail as well (if applicable).
Click on Account Merge Option and Close the AT&T Account.
- Confirm that your email id has been disconnected from AT&T, by clicking the link in the email sent to you by AT&T.
- Confirm that your email id is presently in use with Yahoo mail, by logging into your Yahoo mail account using a browser (like Chrome) or through an app such as Mail app on iPhone or Android phone/tablet (you may also use desktop version of Yahoo Mail).
Proerly Verify that Your Email id has been Disconnected from AT&T and is Presently in Use with Yahoo Mail.
You can Verify that Your Email Id is in Use with Yahoo mail by Following These Steps:
- Open the webmail client of AT&T (comcast.net) and log in with your username and password. If you have any trouble logging into AT&T account, please consult our article on How to Reset Password.
- Verify that your email address has been disconnected from AT&T and is presently being used by Yahoo mail by clicking on the Settings icon below Mailbox menu button at the top left corner of the screen, which will open the Account Management page as shown below:
A New Mail Account has to be Created If You Wish to Continue Using AT&T Services Along with Yahoo Mail.
If you wish to continue using AT&T services along with Yahoo mail, then there is an option to create a new email account. You can then merge your Yahoo mail with your AT&T account or unmerge Yahoo Mail from AT&T.
Once this process is complete, you will be able to use both services without any issues.
The best way to unmerge Yahoo Mail from AT&T is to contact AT&T support. If you want to unmerge your Yahoo mail, then you can do this by following the steps that are mentioned above in this guide.